San Diego Real Estate Voice : Why I love the Apple Watch

Why I love the Apple Watch

Why I love the Apple Watch

Some claim it is superfluous and redundant technology and a royal pain to have to take it off to recharge the battery. I couldn't disagree more. I maybe got one with an exceptional battery but it charges up pretty fast, usually while I shower and get ready for the day. I can't think of any thing I don't like about it but I can illustrate better a couple of things that I do  really enjoy about it.

I love answering the phone on it. The speaker and volume is excellent and I feel like 007  talking on the watch. It's an image thing, sorry 😊 . I was wearing my blue vested suit, and had on sunglassess at the grocery store when my watch rang. I tapped the answer button and began to have my conversation. I can't tell you the number of people that got very close to see who I was and how I could be talking to my watch. It was all I could do not to bust out laughing.

My appointments show up on the watch and the notifications are excellent. I get Breaking News and the reading of e-mail and text messages couldn't be easier. The new watch apps are just amazing and they can be real time savers.

You will notice that there is a 9:00 ActiveRain Webinar scheduled for tomorrow morning. When I touch that, the next window opens.

Simply tap the image and the next windows opens for full details which you can slide down to read.

the above quick snaps were taken with the iPhone 6 plus

Yes of course I could do all this with the iPhone but I like doing it with the watch and it is right there where I need it.

I am not sure how this works in different areas, but I saved $100 when this watch was purchased at Christmas time. I read in the paper that Target was offering a $100 gift card with the purchase. The retail was $399.00 for the large 42cm version and with the $100 gift card, it was $299. Certainly very affordable for all that it does.

In case you read this post tonight ( Thursday at 9:00PM) the webinar is in the morning at 9:00AM PST. I will be on for the ActiveRain webinar and hope you can join in as well.

Check your e-mail for details.

Click On Photo Below If You Enjoy My Blog

Thank You !

Comment balloon 50 commentsWilliam Johnson • January 21 2016 09:02PM

Comments

I think the apple watches are a great idea, just need to get better glasses.

See you at the webinar!

Posted by Bob Crane, Forestland Experts! 715-204-9671 (Woodland Management Service / Woodland Real Estate, Keller Williams Fox Cities) about 3 years ago

Hi Bob Crane , Really you don't. The watch face is very easy to read. Before I had one, I thought that might be the case. As it turns out, not an issue at all.

Posted by William Johnson, San Diego Real Estate Voice, GRI CRS e-Pro CDPE (RE/MAX Associates) about 3 years ago

William I loved this post only change I would make is do not have Mickey on the cover if you want to feel like 007 you either need a Martini Glass or a scantily clad model you know one of the Bond Girls.... but let's ask what Roger D. Mucci  thinks???Endre

Posted by Endre Barath, Jr., Realtor - Los Angeles Home Sales 310.486.1002 (Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices) about 3 years ago

I like that it has Mickey Mouse on it it, William!  I don't wear a watch, because I have been known to go swimming at the drop of a hat!  I'm fairly certain a watch would swim with me, and not by design!

Posted by Myrl Jeffcoat, Greater Sacramento Real Estate Agent (GreatWest Realty) about 3 years ago

HI Endre Barath, Jr. , I could easily change the face but watching MM dance around with his hands giving the time makes me laugh. It is about keeping my sense of humor and not taking my self too seriously.

Hi Myrl Jeffcoat , I like the MM on the face because it taps it's foot and makes me laugh. At least a chuckle. There are other customizable faces but I like this one. I know this is not suitable for swimming because of the speaker used for being able to talk on the phone app. I know that would appreciate the technology used even if you wouldn't wear one

I'd say Endre Barath, Jr. is correct, but to each his own.

Posted by Roger D. Mucci, Lets shake things up at your home today! (Shaken...with a Twist 216.633.2092) about 3 years ago

Well I have not been excited with the watch until you offered this fine illiteration of how you use it in every day life William Johnson

Posted by Paul S. Henderson, REALTOR®, CRS, Tacoma Washington Agent/Broker & Market Authority! (RE/MAX Northwest.) about 3 years ago

Hi William Johnson - Best testament I have heard about the Apple watch.  I am an "Apple/Mac" everything kind of person except I don't have an Apple watch! It would be nice not to have to dig into the purse to find the iPhone! As for Mickey Mouse ...I sure wish I had my original MM watch with the red band!

Posted by Sheri Sperry - MCNE®, (928) 274-7355 ~ YOUR Solutions REALTOR® (Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage) about 3 years ago

Good morning William. I am glad you are enjoying your watch. I'll bet you were very dapper with your watch and glasses at the grocery store.

Posted by Sheila Anderson, The Real Estate Whisperer Who Listens 732-715-1133 (Referral Group Incorporated) about 3 years ago

Fun read, William... and glad you are nejoying your watch. I look at my watches as jewelry and so am not likely to be wearing one of these any time soon. Then again... who knows!

Posted by Nina Hollander, Your Charlotte/Ballantyne/Waxhaw/Fort Mill Realtor (Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage ) about 3 years ago

William Johnson I had to draw the line at some point on the saturation of gadgets and technology. I did with the Apple watch.

Posted by Sandy Padula and Norm Padula, JD, GRI, Presence, Persistence & Perseverance (Realty National & Geneva Financial, Llc.) about 3 years ago

William,

I am glad you are enjoying your watch, and I had no idea there is a webinar today, somehow the announcements are lost!  We looked at the watch, and did not make the leap to buying it, yet.  We are definitely apple-minded here.  Happy Friday, enjoy the webinar. A

Posted by Ron and Alexandra Seigel, Luxury Real Estate Branding, Marketing & Strategy (Napa Consultants) about 3 years ago

Hi William - Thanks for the review. I haven't been much attracted to it, but only because of the display size and my need for reading glasses - the reason I bought the big iPhone :)

Posted by Dick Greenberg, Northern Colorado Residential Real Estate (New Paradigm Partners LLC) about 3 years ago

There's a whole lot of information about the Apple Watch available in this post, William! CONGRATULATIONSon having this blog FEATURED in the PHOTOS group!

Hi Myrl Jeffcoat , Thank you for Feature. The couple photos barely show the extent of the information that takes place. The cool part of this notification yesterday was the wrist tapping at 9:00AM to remind me to log on for the webinar. Same as when I get a text or a phone call or there is a news break. When I want to reply to an e-mail, I tap for Siri and she writes my verbal reply. I tap to send. It sure makes it easy to stay on top of everything right at the moment as it happens. I think that Dick Greenberg would be so very surprised how easy it is read the displays on the screen. I am more convinced than ever that the future will include wearable technology.

I also think the future will include more wearable technology.  And, I'll be happy when it gets significantly beyond those little gadgets worn around the neck, that allow you to say, "Help I've fallen and can't get up!"

Hi William - great post about the apple watch, I do not have one yet, but would consider it in the future, I know you can get it to sync with fitness apps, etc. Thanks for the overview!

Posted by Sharon Paxson, Newport Beach Real Estate (Compass) about 3 years ago

Hello William ... love the photos, remember Dick Tracy? He had a watch like this and your post has been featured to the group:

EXPRESS WITH PHOTOGRAPHS AT ACTIVERAIN

Posted by Robert Vegas Bob Swetz, Las Vegas Henderson Homes for Sale (Realty ONE Group) about 3 years ago

Thank you very much for telling us about your Apple Watch. A good way to feel like James Bond!

Posted by Roy Kelley (Realty Group Referrals) about 3 years ago

William, love your post!  This is the one electronic thing that I've resisted, but now, knowing that I can get a Mickey Mouse face, I might give in!

Posted by Patricia Kennedy, Home in the Capital (RLAH Real Estate) about 3 years ago

I am across the Street from APPLE SPACESHIP.

When AAPL comes out with some gadget I see an agent shows off her latest gadget. It started with iPot and femamine colored Macs....   Now it is iphone. Heck I saw it 1/2 year before unveiled.

Anyone heard of Clamshell iBook?

Posted by Sam Shueh, mba, cdpe, reopro, pe ( (408) 425-1601) about 3 years ago

Hey, William!  I included this post in todays Last Week's Favorites.  Have a great Valentine's Day!

Good Morning Patricia Kennedy , Thank you for including me in the weeks' favorites. I am loving this watch and my clients are also enjoying it. I was on a listing and I received a notification that I had reached my activity goals for the day and my clients said they were convinced that they needed the watch and would be getting one for each of them.   I love that I can help with the economy in this way.

Sounds like fun, but not one more distraction is in my future right now. At some point yes, but not this week or next. Glad to know that it actually is being appreciated by some!

Posted by Janis Borgueta, LIC RE Salesperson (Key Properties of the Hudson Valley ) about 3 years ago

So, you like image attention huh? I laughed about your grocery store episode. Tell us, did you have your wife call you so you could be really cool? LOL

Posted by Evelyn Johnston, The People You Know, Like and Trust! (Friends & Neighbors Real Estate) about 3 years ago

Hi Janis Borgueta , It really is  very useful and I epecially love the notifications.

Hi Evelyn Johnston , I am guilty as charged,  No, it was actually a client call. When I told them I was speaking to them from my watch, they said, " Is this really our William? " They hadn't really learned much if anything about what the watch did and found it incredible when I told them about it. It is certainly a conversation builder , especially when tbey see Mickey Mouse moving his feet and pointing to the time. Evelyn, laughing with people is the most fun we can have in our business. I tell them I don't take myself to seriously because none of are getting out alive. It just breaks the ice and makes for a fun listing.

Good evening William Johnson ,

Love your review and excitement over the apple watch!! Good for you!! I love my larger iPhone..I can see it better but I think the Apple watch is cool!!

Posted by Dorie Dillard CRS GRI ABR, Serving Buyers & Sellers in NW Austin Real Estate (Coldwell Banker United Realtors® ~ 512.750.6899) about 3 years ago

Willam, and people thought Dick Tracy was far fetched. It looks great, and I might just have to geek out and get one.

Posted by Mike Cooper, GRI, Your Neighborhood Real Estate Sales Pro (Cornerstone Business Group Inc) about 3 years ago

I haven't gotten one.  I might, I might not.  But my daughter who is a paramedic and has to talk to the EC and to dispatch while working on a patient LOVES LOVES LOVES hers.  She said it's helped her to save lives to be able to talk to the doctor and use both hands at the same time she was having the conversation.

Posted by Tammy Lankford,, Broker GA Lake Sinclair/Eatonton/Milledgeville (Lane Realty Eatonton, GA Lake Sinclair, Milledgeville, 706-485-9668) about 3 years ago

Hi Dorie Dillard , I also use the iPhone 6 Plus but the watch is an enjoyable addition. Wearable technology is in it's infant stage and there is technology on the horizon that is changing the way people live and respond to each other. The younger generation will be the real benefactors and it promises to be extraordinary. Since it is available to try out at this stage, it made sense to give it a try and I am certainly not disappointed. It has already made a difference if only in the way I see ways to be efficient and have fun at the same time. I have never be a late riser but I love be wakened with the vibration and sound that is no abrasive but the same time very effective. Checking male, having Siri, look up things for me just makes me more effective in what I do. I show it off to all my clients and it is a fun topic to engage and they even seem to by into it. Fun !

Hi Mike Cooper , I have no doubt you will love it. Take advantage of the sale by finding the discount prices in your area.

Hi Tammy Lankford , Bravo, she is a hero in my book.  Wearable technology is the future and those that embrace early are the pioneers that will pave the way for the best use and applications. As for me, I just can't imagine not having one. There is a down side - I have a collection of a few fabulous watches and I can't stop wearing this. I have put them on a few times and went back and took them off to put back on the iwatch.

Thanks for sharing your experience with the watch. I am resisting even trying it because I don't WANT to like it and to have yet another thing I need to answer/use/etc. But I'm glad it's working for you!

I can picture you at the store when your watch rings smiling at the nearest people and saying, "Hi, I'm Johnson. William Johnson."

Posted by Kat Palmiotti, The House Kat (Grand Lux Realty, Monroe NY, 914-419-0270, kat@thehousekat.com) about 3 years ago

Good morning William, is there anything this great watch doesn't do? I personally do not want one more gadget but I know many who have it, absolutely love it.

Posted by Beth Atalay, Cam Realty of Clermont FL (Cam Realty and Property Management) about 3 years ago

Hi Kat Palmiotti , I got this thing at Christmas time and I have already had $300 worth of entertainment and hsaring with friends and clients. The problem is I am addicted now and while I have other really attractive watches, I seem not to be wearing them and gravitate just to the iwatch. What I learned from this is wearable technology is here to stay and it will expand as others enjoy the experience. For those in the investor world, this is going to be big for the millenials. I can see this attracting even the younger generations as a way for parents to stay connected. The iphone only has to be in proximity of the watch ( wi-fi reach) to be effective.

Hi Beth Atalay , there are so many new apps out for the watch, like inputting through Siri the amount of restaurant bill and the tip is calculated instantly. Appoinments, e-mail, phone, and soon a gps using your location. When the watch first came out, I too was a resister to one more device but it has proven to be an asset. While I have never depended on an alarm clock to wake up, it is cool to get the gentle wake up tapping on the wristi and a reminder that I have an appoinment in an hour to be ready to " roll". The progamming is done on the iPhone and the watch is there ready for the action. I know I must sound like an over excited advocate but I am beginning to see uses that have yet to be advocated for like the younger generation and also the senior geerations and their needs. For those hard of hearing, it might prove to be a god send because it uses tapping on the wrist instead of just sound.

Thanks for the heads up on the apple watch.  I haven't seen one in person yet.  It looks like something to consider.

Posted by Joan Whitebook, Consumer Focused Real Estate Services (BHG The Masiello Group) about 3 years ago

Hi Joan Whitebook , at the very least it is a nice watch with different faces ( you can choose) and it is a lot of fun as opposed to being just functional.

That's the beauty of Apple products - always class above, William Johnson .

My kids love all Apple products. Apple watch is no exception.

Posted by Praful Thakkar, Andover, MA: Andover Luxury Homes For Sale (LAER Realty Partners) about 3 years ago

I don't wear a watch anymore so I probably will not buy an Apple watch. You wear your Apple Watch to bed, William??

Posted by Elizabeth Weintraub Sacramento Real Estate Agent, Top 1% of Lyon Agents, Put 40 years of experience to work for you (Lyon Real Estate) about 3 years ago

Hi Praful Thakkar , You are so right. Now I understand why you always say that your Kids are "The Apple of your Eye ".

Hi Elizabeth Weintraub Sacramento Real Estate Agent, Top 1% of Lyon Agents , Yes, and I always say " good night Mickey" hehehe. I love his footwork that he does when the watch comes on. Turn of the wrist. It makes me laugh and think back to when he and Minny Mouse were my friends.

William Johnson - among your other great gifts, I think you could sell watches too! This one sounds wonderful! Thanks for the demo and showing us how it could work for us in our industry. I've seen these watches but I was a bit skeptical. It sounds like the perfect solution, especially for me who is forever fumbling inside my purse to dig out that phone! Also, I hate losing my phone or driving away, thinking I took it, only to return and find it fell on the floor or it's wedged somewhere deep between the car seats. Yes! I think you could sell me a watch very easily!

Posted by Patricia Feager, MBA, CRS, GRI,MRP, Selling Homes Changing Lives (DFW FINE PROPERTIES) about 3 years ago

My husband told me to pick out an Apple watch for my birthday. I haven't been shopping yet, have no idea about them but will be learning. You sound convinced it is a good idea.

Posted by Debbie Reynolds, Your Dedicated Clarksville TN Real Estate Agent (Platinum Properties) about 3 years ago

Hi Debbie Reynolds , I have no doubt you are going to love it. BTW, Happy Birthday!

I can easily imagine that scene in the store - people wondering who is that handsome, mysterious gentleman? Honestly, I haven't really thought about it too much, until now. Like you, I'm a huge fan of Apple, imagine there's a new watch in my future.  :)

Posted by Debb Janes EcoBroker and Bernie Stea JD, REALTORS® in Clark County, WA (ViewHomes of Clark County - Nature As Neighbors) about 3 years ago

We miss you William Johnson

Posted by Noah Seidenberg, Chicagoland and Suburbs (800) 858-7917 (Coldwell Banker) almost 3 years ago

Hi Noah,

I am getting my blog legs again and will be posting again one day soon

Posted by William Johnson, San Diego Real Estate Voice, GRI CRS e-Pro CDPE (RE/MAX Associates) almost 3 years ago

This blog does not allow anonymous comments